Thursday, February 9, 2012

Magickal Children

 
As the mother of five children, one granddaughter, and two more grandchildren due this month; children are an integral part of my life. Whether we currently are raising children, occasionally see our grandchildren or have no real contact with children; we were all children at some point in our lives. I know this is stating the obvious, but sometimes we forget how important childhood is in the development of adults.


As I kid I was raised catholic and had to attend CCD classes, which were designed to teach us how to be good Catholics. The material we learned with was usually age appropriate and designed by catholic educators. This made learning somewhat fun. 



As a Pagan/Magickal parent I really didn’t have any teaching materials available to offer my children. I looked for teaching material similar to the material I was given as a child growing up Catholic, but I never really found what I was looking for.  I do remember running across Lora Craig-Gaddis' Pooka Pages for Pagan Kids, but at the time my older children were in their teens and were not interested in the material and my youngest was an infant. I Loved Pooka and Elsie and their adventures, I wanted to share them with children, but like I said, at the time I didn’t have any in my life (who were interested) to share this material with. 
 
www.pookapages.com


Now that my youngest is showing an interest in my spirituality, I have found Pooka Pages once again. I am thrilled to see the familiar characters of Elsie and Pooka are still brewing up magickal stories that teach little ones. As my grandchildren come in to this world and grow, I hope their parents will let me share Pooka Pages and other similar materials with them.












Have a Wicked Good Day!
Molly

1 comment:

  1. I love the phooka pages. I don't have children yet, as we are TTC, but now it gives me tons of ideas (as well as other pagan kid sites) as to what and how to teach our children our love for the planet and Her children, and when they show interest, our faith. Blessings. ~)O(~

    ReplyDelete